Our Commitment to Child Safety
Every person in the netball community has a responsibility to understand their role in ensuring the safety and well-being of children and young people in our care.
Kensington Junior Netball Club is committed to promoting and protecting the rights of children and preventing abuse from occurring by fostering a culture where children feel safe and empowered.
We also seek to ensure the cultural safety of First Nations children, children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and children with a disability.
Please contact our Child Safety Officer Keryn Coster with any child safety issues or feedback.
Mental Health Resources
Kensington Junior Netball Club is committed to maintaining the well-being of our players and encourages anyone going through a tough time to speak up. If you need support please visit any of the following websites or get in touch with your family doctor or speak to a friend or a trusted adult at the club.
- Beyond Blue
- Head Space for young people
- Kids Helpline | Phone Counselling Service | 1800 55 1800
- Social media and safety | What can parents do? | Kids Helpline
Policies and Procedures
Kensington Junior Netball Club has formally adopted the following policies as prescribed by Netball Victoria:
- Netball Australia Child Safeguarding Policy (January 2023)
- Netball Australia Member Protection Policy (January 2023)
The complaints process is outlined in the Member Protection Policy. To make a complaint or report an issue, please contact contact our Complaints Officer Rachel Thomson.
From July 2023, all coaches, team managers, committee members and other adult volunteers are required to have the following:
- Current Working With Children Check or equivalent
- Completion of PBTRs Child Safeguarding course
- Signed Child Safeguarding Policy & Child Safe Practices Declaration Form – Google Docs
- Coaches only – a minimum Foundation coaching accreditation through Netball Australia
Complaints & Issues
For more information regarding Child Safety, please visit Child Safeguarding Resource Hub – Netball VIC.
- Cybersafety Policy (Netball Victoria, 2017)
- Photo Consent Guidelines (Netball Victoria, 2020)
- Netball Code of Conduct for Committee Members (Netball Victoria)